ELF is incredibly efficient.
We provide legal assistance to some of the most disadvantaged communities in the country to the value of as much as £1 million a year, on a budget of less than £35,000.
This is possible because:
● our member lawyers and technical experts work free of charge (thank you all pro bono members)
● our university clinics provide help free of charge (thank you all ELF university law clinics)
● our Helpline is provided free of charge (thank you Irwin Mitchell)
● our website is built and maintained free of charge (thank you Blue Moon Creative)
● our Google advertising is free of charge (thank you Google)
This means that every penny you donate goes towards paying for the core team which identifies which who is best placed to help in every case, puts communities with similar challenges in touch with each other, researches and writes all of our consultation responses (etc) and handles day-to-day administration.
£5 will cover the cost of the typical 15 minute advice consultation after which almost 50% of enquirers say they have the information they wanted.
£50 will cover the cost of drafting a consultation response, getting feedback from trustees and pro bono members and submitting to the relevant parliamentary committee. You can see examples of this vital work here.
£100 covers the typical transport cost for one of our experts to visit an affected community (sadly, the train companies don’t yet allow us free travel!).
To make a single or monthly donation by credit card or PayPal, please click here.
To join us as an individual or community public member, please click here.
To join us as a pro bono professional member please click here.
To join us as a Corporate Supporter please click here.